Only Hospital in the Nation to Receive Honor
Press Ganey Associates, Inc. has named Wright Medical Center a four time 2011 Summit Award winner. Press Ganey currently partners with more than 10,000 health care facilities — including 50% of all U.S. hospitals — to measure and improve the quality of their care. According to Steve Simonin, CEO “This is our fifth year to be recognized by Press Ganey and our second time for winning four (out of a possible five) Summit Awards in one year. We are the only hospital or healthcare institution in the entire country to receive this many. This is huge – it means that we have the highest patient satisfaction in the entire country. It’s a great honor. But more than the awards, I’m proud of the commitment our employees make to provide exceptional healthcare to our patients on a daily basis. To say that I am proud of the Wright Medical Center staff would be a serious understatement. They are truly the best."
Wright Medical Center achieved this distinction by sustaining an overall rank above the 95th percentile for at least the past three years in the categories of Inpatient, Outpatient, Emergency Services and Medical Practice. One of only 87 facilities to receive a 2011 Summit® Award, Wright Medical Center is also the only hospital in the nation to receive fours awards from Press Ganey for achieving and sustaining excellence in patient satisfaction.
Robert Draughon, Press Ganey’s CEO noted, "We are proud to partner with Wright Medical Center. Their innovative approach to patient satisfaction helps to advance the quality of health care in throughout the communities that they serve.”
Business practices that have increased patient satisfaction at Wright Medical Center include, but are not limited to:
• Monitoring of patient satisfaction in all departments
• Quarterly goal setting based on the Top 10 Priority Index
• Discharge callbacks
• Exam rooms with music, slide shows of different services and cleanliness
• Waiting rooms with new lighting, larger televisions, and cards that list health care providers' board certifications and educational and professional experiences
• Minimized patient wait time
• Nursing teams who complete rounds hourly and the nursing leader who conducts daily rounds
• Employees who are engaged through improved communication and who participate in decision-making and teamwork
The Summit Award recognizes top-performing facilities that sustain the highest level of performance for three or more consecutive years. The Press Ganey Summit Award is the health care performance improvement industry’s most coveted symbol of achievement bestowed annually.