Procedures: Left hip replacement (12-2016); left arm/hand surgery (5-2016); right hip replacement (10-2015); and stenosis in back (6-2015)
1. Before your surgery, what medical conditions were you suffering from? Groin pain, knee pain, buttock pain, and back pain
2. Since your surgery, in which conditions have you seen a change? All conditions have improved a lot.
3. What made you decide to have surgery? I wasn’t able to do my daily activities; I couldn’t walk well, and wanted my “normal” life back.
4. Besides the external changes you have experienced, how has the surgery altered your outlook on life and your relationships? My outlook on life has always been optimistic. Surgery allowed me to get back my independence and I could do most things by myself without the pain.
5. What kinds of things are you able to do now that before the surgery were difficult or impossible? Walk well, my daily activities, chores, outside activities, personal care, and shopping!
6. What do you wish you’d known before the surgery? That recovery wasn’t as bad as I imagined, and therapy wasn’t bad either.
7. What would you say about the Orthopedic Specialists team? Top notch! Dr. Li always had time to explain everything and never seemed rushed. The nurses were so caring and professional. Dr. Palit did my back and my hand/arm, and he is very good also.
8. What would you tell someone who was considering the surgery? Don’t wait! You can be helped. Keep a good attitude, cooperate with the doctors, and get your life back! Surgery can change your life when all else fails! It’s not as bad as you imagine.