Patient Experience and Quality Performance
Iowa Specialty Hospitals and Clinics are committed to providing you the information you need at your fingertips to make informed decisions about your health care and your health care team. As part of that commitment and partnership with you, we now post our provider and physician patient experience and satisfaction ratings online.
What is a provider or doctor star rating?
- The overall Patient Rating score is the average of responses to questions asked on our Press Ganey patient experience surveys.
- Responses are measured on a 1 to 5 scale, where 1 represents "very poor" and 5 represents "very good”.
Are all comments posted?
- We routinely collect comments from our care provider section of the survey and post them.
- Comments that may not be posted are comments that are offensive or abusive and comments that contain patient names or detailed descriptions that jeopardize patient confidentiality or privacy.
Why don’t all providers have star ratings or comments posted?
- Currently, not all provider specialties and provider ratings and comments are available.
- A minimum number of surveys need to be returned in order to determine a rating.
- At this time not all providers are eligible to be surveyed.
I returned my survey, what happens next?
We invite you to watch this short video from our CEO, Steve Simonin. Steve shares with you how your feedback helps us be at our best. To us, your voice makes a difference.
Who receives a patient experience survey?
Patients are randomly selected to take part in the survey. If a patient is selected, they get a survey soon after their visit with us. The patient may get the survey by text message, email or regular mail.
How we measure the patient experience?
- We partner with a company Press Ganey to conduct our patient surveys and gather patient feedback. Patient feedback helps us prioritize improvements.
- Reading our patients’ comments allow us to hear their voices and share the good work as well as opportunities for improvement with our staff.
- Patients can take an active role in learning more about how Iowa Specialty compares to other hospitals. Hospital Compare, a federal government, consumer-oriented website created by Medicare and the Hospital Quality Alliance shares hospital ratings and gives consumers the power to make informed decisions about where to seek out their health care services. To learn more about hospital ratings and how well we compare to other hospitals, please visit Hospital Compare.