Iowa Specialty Hospital

Making the Rounds with Dr. Hurt

December 3, 2015

We Always Have a Choice

Growing up, I learned that life was going to have its good times and bad times.  There would be inevitable ups and downs.  What I didn’t realize when I was young, however, was that both the ups and downs were going to be happening all the time.  Your neighborhood is a mixture of good and bad.  Parenting is a mixture of good and bad.  Our nation is a mixture of good and bad.  This life is, in fact, a mixture of both positive and negative things. Unfortunately, we gravitate toward a focus on the negative.  Think about watching the evening news.  Even though lots of great things are happening in the world, almost every highlight is on something terrible that has happened.  It is definitely worth evaluating the quantity of bad news you currently ingest!

As you look to a strong finish to 2015 and to set new goals for 2016, count your blessings.  I challenge you to focus on the good things.  *You’ll do best by filling your minds with things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious and beautiful, things to praise and not to curse.  If you do that, one day while watching the news, instead of hearing, “30% chance of rain today” you’ll hear “70% chance of sunshine today!” 

Keeping with today’s theme:

Iowa 27 

Michigan State 24

*Personally paraphrased from a chapter of a library of books written nearly 2000 years ago.

 

- Dr. Michael Hurt, CMO

« Back

© 2020 Iowa Specialty Hospital. All rights reserved.