Valentine’s Day is less than a week away. Do you have a plan to celebrate with someone special? I thought it would be fun to look at a few facts about Valentine’s Day. Did you know…
- Every year, more than 36 million heart shaped boxes of candy are sold across the country. Have you made your purchase?
- Sorry men, it looks like you’ll be spending twice as much as women this year on gifts. The average man spends $130 on Valentine’s Day, while women spend about $70.
- Every year, around 9 million people buy their pets a Valentine’s Day gift.
- February 14th is the second largest card giving day of the year, just after Christmas. This year, it’s expected that 1 billion cards will be exchanged around the world.
- Teachers receive the most Valentine’s Day cards, followed by kids, mothers, wives and girlfriends.
- Hallmark was one of the first to mass produce a Valentine’s Day card, all the way back in 1913.
If you do not have plans to celebrate there is still time to make them. What about celebrating your coworkers, an elderly neighbor, a patient, or a friend you have not talked to for a long time? Everyone likes to feel special and Valentine’s Day is a day that reminds us to make someone’s day special. Children get so excited to celebrate holidays; let’s all join their excitement and make this Valentine’s Day extra special.