With summer in full swing, it’s important to protect your skin. Here are a few healthy-skin tips:
• Wear protective clothing such as long pants, long-sleeved shirts, and hats when spending time outside.
• Make sure your sunglasses are more than stylish. They should shield your eyes from UV rays. Look for a pair that says it blocks 99 – 100% of UVA and UVB rays.
• Limit your time in the sun, especially between 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Plan activities for early morning or later in the afternoon to avoid the times when the sun’s rays are the strongest.
• Use sunscreen and use it correctly. Make sure to apply a sunscreen with at least SPF 15 that protects from UVA and UVB rays. Cover every part of the body that is exposed including ears and your scalp. Reapply every 2 hours.
• Just say no to tanning. There is no safe tan whether from the sun or a tanning bed.
Love your skin this season and all year long by taking steps to protect it, and share these tips with your friends, family, and coworkers. The battle against skin damage is year-round.