Trauma Nursing Core Course - TNCC
DATE: Wednesday, April 18 - Thursday, April 19, 2018
TIME: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM both days
LOCATION: Lower Level Conference Room, Iowa Specialty Hospital, Belmond, IA
AUDIENCE: RN’s that care for the trauma patient.
PURPOSE: Provide the learner with appropriate knowledge necessary to function effectively in trauma situations and to function effectively in the psychomotor skills stations that include: airway management, spinal immobilization and Trauma Nursing Process.
OBJECTIVES: At the end of this program the participant should be able to:
1. Identify common mechanisms of injury associated with trauma.
2. Describe the pathophysiologic changes as a basis for signs and symptoms.
3. Describe the nursing assessment of patients with trauma.
4. Describe the appropriate interventions for patients with trauma.
5. Describe mechanisms for evaluating the effectiveness of nursing interventions for patients with trauma.
FACULTY: Mandy Wessels, RN, Trauma Coordinator, Jayme Dougherty, RN, BSN, TNCC Instructors, Iowa Specialty Hospital
CE CREDIT: 17.65 Contact Hours
REGISTER: Brooke Nerlien, firstname.lastname@example.org, 515-602-9826