AUDIENCE: Registered Nurses with clinical nursing experience using fetal heart monitoring (FHR) technology in an intrapartum setting.
PURPOSE: To promote integration of knowledge and skills essential to clinical assessment, promotion and evaluation of fetal well-being during labor.
At the end of this program the participant should be able to:
1. Analyze fetal heart rate patterns, uterine activity and the implications of each for fetal well-being.
2. Correlate indicated clinical interventions with related maternal-fetal physiology.
3. Effectively communicate verbal and written data about patient status.
4. Describe the roles and responsibilities of healthcare providers in the use of FHM in intrapartum care.
5. Demonstrate the psychomotor skills used in FHM.
FACULTY: Casey Howell, RN, AWHONN Instructor Candidate, Obstetrics Leader, Iowa Specialty Hospital, Clarion, IA
CE CREDIT: 14.00 Contact Hours Please note: YOU MUST ATTEND THE ENTIRE PROGRAM TO RECEIVE CE CREDIT
REGISTER: Call Education Department - Brooke Nerlien, 515-602-9826
Please make checks payable to:
Iowa Specialty Hospital – Education Department
1316 S Main St, Clarion, Iowa 50525