October 2, 2023,
5:30 PM (US Central)
Iowa Specialty Hospitals in partnership with The Parent Connection is hosting a free beginner parenting class series. The program is evidenced-based and designed to help build happy, healthy children and families.
Classes will be held on Monday evenings from 4:30 - 5:30 pm.
October 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, and November 6,13 from
Boardroom A at Iowa Specialty Hospital - Clarion
1316 South Main Street - Use ER/Outpatient entrance
*To get the most from these classes, parents are encouraged to attend without their children.
The 7 weekly classes will cover
- Some of the topics addressed in the Workshop:
- Effective discipline strategies
- Effective ways to develop and teach household rules
- Strategies for coping with challenging behavior
- The importance of developing positive relationships
- Promoting social and emotional child development
- Bonding with your child and how to make them feel loved, safe and special
- Teaching children to feel competent and confident about all the things they can do
- Teaching a child how to develop friendships
- Teaching the child how to follow directions
- Learning how to manage their emotions
- Letting us know what their behavior is trying to communicate
- Learning new skills to replace challenging behaviors
- Parenting through divorce, and co-parenting
- Age-appropriate developmental milestones and expectations for your child
Each family will receive free books and toys for the family to keep.